Special Education Services
HCPA will ensure that, to the greatest extent possible, each student with a disability and an Individual Education Plan(IEP) will be provided the special education and related services identified in the student’s IEP developed under Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA), or a plan developed under Section 504. (34 CFR §§ 300.101 and 300.201 (IDEA).
In a Distance Learning environment, special education services and supports may include a combination of options below:● Co-teaching and designing assignments with general education teachers
● Adapting and/or modifying general education assignments to meet student needs
● Providing paraprofessional support via a telecommunication system and adaptive online assignments
● Scheduling time to connect via a telecommunication system with students about assignments
● Providing direct instructional and therapeutic service to students via a telecommunication system
● Developing visual schedules and choice boards for students to work on goals
● Providing regular email communications to families to support student special educational needs.
● Special Ed. IEP Team meetings with families will be done virtually. Trained interpreters will be available to support communication with families.
The Special Education Director, supervisors, coordinators and coaches will be supporting special education staff when designing and supporting Distance Learning plans for students in special education.