Advanced Placement (AP)

  • What is AP (Advanced Placement)?

    · Students take college level courses at HCPA

    · Standardized AP test is taken by the student

    · Credit is given by college if a student achieves the required score on the exam

    AP Classes offered at HCPA:

    • AP Art & Design
    • AP Calculus AB
    • AP Chemistry
    • AP Computer Science Principles
    • AP Environmental Science
    • AP European History
    • AP Music Theory
    • AP Pre-Calculus
    • AP Statistics
    • AP U.S. History
    • Pre-AP World History/Geography

CIS - College in the Schools

TRIO - Upward Bound Math-Science

  • trio


    What is TRIO Upward Bound?

    TRIO Programs are college access and college success programs funded through the U.S. Department of Education. An expansion of the civil rights movement and the war on poverty, TRIO programs are rooted in a historical and on-going desire of equal opportunity in education through social justice. Metropolitan State University is committed to enhance the college success for underrepresented student in higher education.

    For more information, visit 

PSEO-Post-Secondary Enrollment Options

    pseo  pseo

    What is PSEO?

    • Allows students to earn both high school and college credit while in high school, through enrollment in and successful completion of college-level courses.
    • PSEO courses are offered on the campus of the postsecondary institution; some courses are offered online.
    • Participating college or university offer its own requirements for enrollment into PSEO.
    • PSEO courses can be either full-time or part-time.
    • No cost to student.

    For participation in PSEO

    • Students must meet with a counselor to review eligibility.
    • Prior to appointment, students should decide which college(s) they would like to apply to and bring the corresponding applications. Applications can be found on PSEO participating college's website. (Admissions criteria, application procedures, forms, and deadlines will vary between colleges.)
    • Complete a PSEO Enrollment Agreement Form and the official Minnesota Department of Education Post-Secondary Notice of Student Registration Form (NOSR) for each application. 

    We encourage students to involve parents in this decision.

    Students must notify their school by May 30 if they want to participate in PSEO for the following school year. For more information about the PSEO program, visit the Minnesota Department of Education’s Postsecondary Enrollment Options (PSEO) webpage.