Hmong College Prep Academy’s mission is to provide the best integrated, challenging, and well-rounded educational experience to students in grades K-12.
HCPA is a K-12 charter school that provides its students with a college-focused curriculum. The school is composed of over 165 licensed teachers (64-MA or higher), 20 paraprofessionals and 45 district/admin. personnel; all of whom share the ideology that all students, regardless of socio-economic background, will be given the opportunity to pursue a post-secondary education. Since '04, HCPA has expanded its campus five times to serve the needs of their stakeholders.
- Free tuition
- Free bus service for all students in Mpls., St. Paul and select suburbs
- Door-to-door pick-up/drop-off for students in grades K-5 (where available)
- Maximum 1 block walk for grades 6-12
- Free all day, every day Kindergarten
- A diverse, caring and fully licensed teaching staff
- Have earned degrees from the best colleges and universities
- All with the goal to have your child succeed
- Average 20 to 1 student to teacher ratio
- All courses are taught in English
- 30% of staff members are fluent in Hmong
- After school enrichment activities and academic support
- A K-12 grade focus on college and beyond
- Daily focus on college
- Weekly academic check-ins
- Power Days
- College-level courses
- Career and college fairs
- College tours and more!
- Technology and specialists
- Computer access for ALL students
- Art, Choir, Band, Drama and Theatre, Hmong Language and Culture, Physical Education and Computer Literacy
- Hmong culture and language woven into each grade's curriculum
- Annual World Culture Day
- "Home-cooked" cultural specialties for breakfast and lunch
- Lots of opportunities to get involved!
- Extra-curricular activities, including 10+ sports, student organizations and class committees
- Opportunities to develop leadership and teamwork skills through event planning, social clubs and committees