Overview of HCPA's Food Service Program
Benefit of HCPA - Free Breakfast, Lunch and Snacks!
Free Breakfast and Lunch for all Students
- HCPA is proud to offer free breakfast and lunch for all students!
- All families will recieve free breakfast and lunch. We will collect an Application for Educational Benefits Form for other programs and benefits.
- Completed forms must be submitted by September 30 each year.
- Every student must take every food item the school offers (breakfast=3 out of 4 components; lunch=3 out of 5 components).
- Unfortunately we are not allowed to give second helpings of food.
Why HCPA Breakfasts and Lunches are so Good:
- Fresh fruits and vegetables are delivered and prepared daily.
- Our rice is prepared fresh daily for both breakfast and lunch.
- Some of our specialties are: Pho, Curry Noodle Soup, Chicken Laab, Hmong Sausage, Chicken, Pork or Beef Stir Fry, Hmong Chicken Drumsticks, Rice Noodle Soup (Kaopia) and our Hmong Rice soup (Mov qua dis) that our cooks arrive at school at 4 in the morning to prepare this for our students...by scratch....of course we have many American favorites too.
- If your child/children have any food allergies or food restrictions, please contact the Health Office immediately at 651-209-8004 or notify Food Manager, May Yang at 651.209.8111.
Breakfast and Lunch Time
- Breakfast is served from 7:30 AM until 8:30 AM. Students will have approximately 20 minutes to eat breakfast.
- Lunch Periods--HCPA has four lunch periods (11 AM, 11:30 AM, 12 PM and 12:30 PM).
Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Program
- All K-8 students receive a complementary nutritious snack (fruit/vegetables) during the school day.
CACFT - Child and Adult Care Food Program
- After School Enrichment Activities: Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Nutritious dinners are served from 3 PM until 3:30 PM for all enrichment participants
In accordance with federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, this school is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability. To file a complaint of discrimination, write USDA, Director, Office of Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410 or call (800) 795-3272 or (202) 720-6382 (TTY).