Material Distribution Process
Posted by Tony Hang on 3/20/2020 6:00:00 PM
Our K-5 teachers and staff at HCPA have been working hard over the last several days to prepare resources for distance learning. In the event of a school closure due to COVID-19, we will move to distance learning for all students in Kindergarten through 12thGrade. Kindergarten, 1stgrade, and second grade students will be receiving a packet of lessons and activities as well as links to online resources. 3rd, 4th, and 5thgrade students will be receiving a Chromebook so that they can conduct their lessons online with their teachers. This video is to explain the process for which you will pick up and receive these resources for your student!
Here are the details:
- Chromebooks and learning materials for K-5 will be available for pick up next week.
- Monday, March 23rdwill be pickup for students who have a last name that starts with A-U.
- Tuesday, March 24thwill be pickup for students who have a last name that starts with V-Z.
- Hours for pickup on both days will be 9:00-noon and 1:00-3:00.
- All resources will be brought out to your vehicle for you.
- When you arrive, please enter the parking lot across from the Main Office C. There will be staff members directing traffic. Please review the included map.
- A parent or guardian must be present to check out the resources. For 3rd-5thgrade students, we will go over the Chromebook contract with you at that time. You will have the option to purchase insurance for the device to protect against potential damage.
- If you are a high schooler or middle schooler and you left something in your locker, you may also come during this time. Someone will retrieve your items for you.
Please note – Distance and e-Learning would not start until after Spring Break – Monday, April 6th. K-2ndgrade students should not start their packet work until that time.
We care about keeping you, your family, and our staff safe and healthy. If you are sick, we also ask that you please do not come to the resource pickup at HCPA. Please call HCPA on Monday at 651-209-8002 to let us know.
Thank you for your help and support! We look forward to seeing you next week.